A list of current graduate and post-graduate research opportunities, listed by title
- Arctic research: Trace Metal Biogeochemistry
- Description: One or more graduate positions are available to study trace metals in the Arctic focusing on lead and iron isotopes with Professor B.A. Bergquist.
- Development of molecular markers for the study of carbon and nitrogen biogeochemistry
- Biogeochemistry and Geomicrobiology
- A graduate research assistantship is available to pursue research in microorganism– mineral interactions…
- Climate and Tectonics in the Andes and Central Asia
- Highly motivated PhD and MSc students are sought to work on a variety of problems in tectonic geomorphology with Lindsay Schoenbohm. Students are needed in particular for two recently funded projectsin the Andes and Turkey.
- Fully Funded M.Sc. or Ph. D. position: Cretaceous Carbon and Sulfur Cycling
- The Early Createcous is characterized by major changes in the global carbon and sulfur cycles. This project aims to better understand these changes and to explore the potential interdependencies….
- Fully funded M.Sc. or Ph.D. position on global biogeochemical cycles/marine geochemistry
- We use cutting edge analytical equipment and a transdisciplinary approach to explore new frontiers in science. We use computer modeling, stable isotope geochemistry, microcosm culture experiments, and field data to investigate the feedbacks between life and geological processes.
- Fully funded M.Sc. or Ph.D. position: Biogeochemical carbon & sulfur cycling in Crawford Lake
- We search a motivated and dedicated individual to investigate the biogeochemical cycling of carbon and sulfur in the watercolumn of a small meromictic lake in the vincinity of Toronto…
- Graduate research opportunities in glasses and geological melts.
- Mineral Exploration
A structural geology study using geophysical data and remote sensing techniques aims to better understand the geometry and distribution of porphyry deposits in the Canadian Cordillera. The project involves multi-disciplinary data integration, interpretation and field studies. A MSc position is available.
position is available.
- Mantle Petrology
- MSc and PhD projects are available in mantle petrology research.
- Stratigraphy and sedimentology
- Field-based projects to better understand the mechanisms of stratigraphic preservation and to expand our knowledge of the architecture and sequence stratigraphy of nonmarine deposits.
- Various research projects in large-scale tectonophysics. These primarily involve reconciling geodynamic modeling with geophysical/geological/geodetic observables in specific tectonic regimes.