There are different ways to look at the departmental course offerings:
- The Official Arts and Science Calendar. This is the authoritative source, telling you what courses are offered, and what prerequisites they require. However, this document won’t tell you whether a given course is actually being offered.
- Use the Arts & Science time-table. This tool allows you to look up which courses are being offered in a given term, but won’t tell you about those which are not offered. Note, you have to enter the name of our Department to use this tool.
- Check below for information related to special topics course titles.
STUDENT WORK: ESS492_ExtendedAbstracts_2019
Special Topics Courses Offered in 2018/19:
ESS481F: Advanced Topics in Earth Science – Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve Estimation (A. Mitrofanov)
Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve Estimation is an advanced level course that focuses on the practical skills necessary for the geologist willing to build their career in the exploration or mining sector.
This course will cover all steps from assembling the geological exploration data to reporting according to industry guidelines. Major course topics include:
- Geologic interpretation and comprehensive 3D deposit modelling;
- Statistical and geostatistical analysis of the data;
- Mineral resource estimation approaches and methods;
- Classification of resources and reserves;
- Mining constrains and Mineral Reserve;
- Reporting using regulatory standards and industry guidelines for professional practice.
ESS481S: Special Topics in Earth Science