Sample Preparation Lab
The experimental and analytical labs are supported with a fully equipped sample preparation lab which includes:
- A Stratorius Genius ME235S analytical balance with 0.015 mg precision
- A Lampert PUK U3 welder
- A Nikon binocular microscope with variable magnification, transmitted and reflected light
- A large volume drying oven
- A fume hood
- A K.D.Unipress WS-22 wire saw with 30 microns-thick wire
- An in house-built variable-speed micro-saw equipped with 0.15 mm thick diamond cutting wheels
- Eppendorf automatic micropipettes with variable ranges
- Mitituyo micrometer with 1 μm accuracy and precision
In addition, the department maintains a sample preparation laboratory with various size rock cutting saws, petrographic thin section preparation, rock crushing facilities and a magnetic separator.
Also, we have access to drill presses, lathes, a grinder and a band saw.